We Teach Science Foundation is an education-focused not-for-profit based in Burlingame, California serving students in the Bay Area and Dallas. We run remote in-school mentoring programs for middle and high school students focusing on math and science education. We Teach Science Foundation was founded in December 2008 with the mission to “motivate, inspire and mentor American public school students (age K-12) to achieve excellence in the disciplines of math and science.”
We are seeking a full time Development Associate to work in a fast paced office, reporting to the Development Director. This position provides support in scheduling all meetings for executive staff; arranging donor meetings and providing support for those meetings; acting as a board liaison; and providing administrative, research, and project management support for the development department.
- Highly-motivated professional with three to five years’ work experience, preferably in development
- Extremely detail oriented and organized, with the strong ability to successfully multi-task as necessary or as requested
- Ability to lead multiple long- and short-term projects simultaneously, meeting all related deadlines with the ability to plan prioritize, coordinate, and mange own work
- Must be able to work under pressure, energetic, and maintain positive attitude in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated initiative, and good time management skills
- Communicates well at all levels of interaction, including great phone skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Strong work ethic and professional demeanor
- Must be capable of maintaining confidentiality
- Easy to work with, enjoys being part of a team and can work autonomously
- Strong internet research skills
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Internet; databases with a preference for Salesforce
- Manage calendar, schedule appointments, and provide administrative support for leadership team
- Arrange donor meetings, including scheduling, providing research, and managing follow up tasks associated with the meeting
- Prepare board materials and packets, schedule meetings among many people
- Manage events with direction from Development Director
- Process gifts and acknowledgements
- Provide administrative assistance for annual fund solicitations, sending newsletters, and mass communications
- Create reports from the database, joining multiple reports in Excel
- Write reports, letters, emails, and donor briefings
- Maintain databases and create systems for tracking action items
- Project manage foundation grant and corporate proposals
- Organize and make travel arrangements
- Other duties as needed – we are growing and the duties will evolve quickly
- 4 year college degree
- 3-5 year experience in nonprofits with a preference for someone with development experience
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary:Commensurate with experience.
- Health Benefits:Health coverage is provided, including medical, vision, and dental with premiums paid 65% by We Teach Science.
- Paid Time Off (PTO):Standard policy that increases PTO with each year at the organization.
- Non-monetary compensation:The opportunity to be an integral member of an energetic, innovative, hard-working and rapidly growing team, within an organization that has the potential to significantly change American middle and high school education.
We Teach Science does not discriminate in staffing (volunteer and salaried) on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, physical or mental disability, age, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please submit a cover letter describing your interest in We Teach Science Foundation and a résumé detailing your professional and educational experience and salary requirements. Please e-mail your materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org.